[nsd-users] Records below delegation point

Shane Kerr shane at ca.afilias.info
Tue Mar 10 12:43:19 UTC 2009

Matthijs,

FYI, this issue came up when I was working at ISC. I think BIND will
actually warn you when it loads such a zone (I'm not 100% sure, but turn
up logging and check if you want to test).

The specific question we discussed was whether or not something should
be logged when a part of a zone becomes obscured at runtime, either by
the system administrator changing zone file contents and reloading, or
by something like dynamic DNS or [AI]XFR. I am pretty sure my suggestion
that administrators be warned when this happens was ignored, because
BIND has an *implicit* no end-user friendliness requirement. ;)

--
Shane