Extended DNS Errors proposal

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Mar 18 10:11:24 UTC 2019

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 09:36:47AM +0000,
 Nick via Unbound-users <unbound-users at nlnetlabs.nl> wrote
 a message of 37 lines which said:

> Recently I have been looking for ways to determine/differentiate
> (from the DNS client) SERVFAIL & SERVFAIL due to DNSSEC errors.

Indeed, this is a big problem, and a serious issue for the DNS in
general, and for DNSSEC specially.

> Would anyone happen to know if this proposal is planned to be
> supported by Unbound in the near future?

At the next IETF hackathon (in one week), there is work planned for
Knot <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/104hackathon> (and
may be getdns). If someone wants to join us to work on Unbound...