serve-expired seems to break flush_zone

Marc Branchaud marcnarc at xiplink.com
Wed Apr 4 18:29:33 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have a simple forward-everything setup with serve-expired enabled:

	server:
		serve-expired: yes
	forward-zone:
		name: .
		forward-addr: X.X.X.X

If I use "flush_zone ." to clear the cache, I still get cache hits for
supposedly-absent entries (dump_cache shows that the cache is empty).

When I turn serve-expired off, "flush_zone ." results in cache misses
for flushed entries.

With serve-expired on, I can only seem to force a cache miss by
explicitly flushing a name (e.g. "flush google.com").  I really want to
clear the entire cache, though.

Is this an intended effect of serve-expired, or is it a bug?

Thanks!

		M.