problems with stub-zones

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Wed Aug 24 18:56:27 UTC 2016

Am 24.08.2016 um 19:05 schrieb Benny Pedersen via Unbound-users:
> On 2016-08-24 10:39, A. Schulze via Unbound-users wrote:
>
>> forward-zone:
>>     name: "10-in-addr.arpa."
>>     forward-addr: ${nameserver1-ip}
>>     forward-addr: ${nameserver2-ip}
>>

> add
>
> forward-first: yes
>
> does this fix it ?
>
> if so its a bug imho ?

reading "man unbound.conf" again and again there are more questions then answers.

    forward-zone:
       There may be multiple forward-zone: clauses. Each with a name: and zero
       or  more  hostnames or IP addresses.

    same text for stub-zone...

what's the use case for a stub/forward-zone with zero stub/forward-host:  and  stub/forward-addr: ?

stub/forward-first is also confusing to me. default: no = disabled = "do not stub/forward-first" = "stub/forward second" ??
again: it may be helpful to know at least one use case.

stub-zone point to authority servers, forward-zone point to recursive servers.
that mean to me that my current setup is wrong although it's the one that works

while reading the archives I found also that from 2012. Looks really like the same problem!
http://www.unbound.net/pipermail/unbound-users/2012-July/002467.html

Andreas