problems with stub-zones (solved)

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Wed Aug 24 08:39:51 UTC 2016

A. Schulze via Unbound-users:

> stub-zone:
>     name: "10.in-addr.arpa."
>     stub-addr: ${nameserver1-ip}
>     stub-addr: ${nameserver2-ip}
>

> Everything is fine as long as both nameservers are up.
> If one server fail (simple case: host up, nameserver down) client
> get "no servers could be reached" or similar answers from local
> stubresolver.

I have an update.
It works as expected if I use "forward-zone + forward-addr" statements.
In that case my config looks like this:

forward-zone:
     name: "10-in-addr.arpa."
     forward-addr: ${nameserver1-ip}
     forward-addr: ${nameserver2-ip}

Now I could switch of one of both nameservers. As long as one nameserver is up
any question, even for un-cached data, is answered immediately.

Am I right that "forward-zone" is not the correct setup to point
unbound to a authoritative nameserver?
So maybe there is still a bug somewhere in unbound-1.5.9 ...

Andreas