Unbound Run Python Module by Some Condition

Yisha Wu yisha at securly.com
Tue Oct 6 18:27:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have set up a DNS-based application in unbound's python module. So the
module execution order is python -> iterator. However, I only care a
collection of incoming queries and I saved these sites in redis database.
So I wonder if the following logic is possible in unbound:

If(Domain in Redis Database) {
       Send to Python Module for resolution;
} else {
       Send to Iterator + Cache for resolution;
}

The reason I want to do this is recently we had a unknown dos attack, and
the python module made the cpu usage become about 85%+. And the cpu usage
became normal after I disabled the python module.

Any response is appreciated.

Thank you!
Yisha