[Unbound-users] Do unbound exist the thundering herd problem when start under multiple thread

lin totopper at qq.com
Wed Sep 10 06:46:09 UTC 2014

All,After reading the source code ,I think the unbound can run under multiple thread mode,each thread have its own select function.
we also know there exist thundering herd problem for some socket function ,such as accept(),however, the Linux kernel have solve the problem for accept() since version 2.6.*.

So,I think the function select still exist the thundering herd problem,which maybe impact the performance.