[Unbound-users] MX record in unbound

Justin Edmands j.edmands at sagedining.com
Mon Oct 13 16:55:23 UTC 2014

Hey Unbound List,
I am currently using dnsmasq and would like to try switching to unbound. dnsmasq is not enough I suppose. Either way, we have a mx-host records like:

mx-host=ourwebsite.com,relay1.ourwebsite.com,2
mx-host=ourwebsite.com,relay2.ourwebsite.com,2
mx-host=ourwebsite.com,relay3.ourwebsite.com,10
mx-host=ourwebsite.com,relay4.ourwebsite.com,8
mx-host=ourwebsite.com,relay5.ourwebsite.com,8

I would like to put these into our unbound setup. I tried:

local-data: ourwebsite.com 1516 IN MX 10 relay1.ourwebsite.com
local-data: ourwebsite.com 1516 IN MX 10 relay2.ourwebsite.com
local-data: ourwebsite.com 1516 IN MX 20 relay3.ourwebsite.com
local-data: ourwebsite.com 1516 IN MX 30 relay4.ourwebsite.com
local-data: ourwebsite.com 1516 IN MX 30 relay5.ourwebsite.com

I grabbed the syntax from dig's output. I received an error message saying unbound cannot start.

Any way to do this?