[Unbound-users] Unbound 1.5.0 release

Thomas tguthmann at iseek.com.au
Tue Nov 18 21:49:30 UTC 2014

Hi Wouter and NLLabs team,

Thank you for adding DNS64 support that will simplify a lot our
packaging, no need to maintain this 3rd party patch anymore.

Some people on the mailing list seem to forget that in OSS everything is
free and a simple thank you _before_ whinging would always be
appreciated for the effort spent. Yes, maybe a RC would help to test the
code but still code has been released with new features and bugfixes and
obviously new bugs, like any other OSS. They are people on the other
side working for you, be respectful, they owe you nothing.

Anyway, thank you for this release, even if I will wait for 1.5.1 ;)
Then I tend to agree even if unbound has always been rock solid and seem
to undergo a good test suite, maybe you could have at least one RC to
outsource some of this testing work to the community. BTW, nice find Ondřej.

Again, great software ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas