[Unbound-users] AAAA filter patch proposal

Stephane LAPIE stephane.lapie at darkbsd.org
Thu Nov 13 10:30:42 UTC 2014

Hello Wouter,

Many thanks for the quick reply and review.

Right, that comment in iterator.h is a remnant of something I initially
planned on doing, and changed ideas along the road.
I just fixed it.

As for processAAAAResponse, I wrote it this way to get a verbose trace
of what is going on should it fail. (based mainly on how the other
handler functions operate)
Actually, thinking back, the name for this function is probably not the
best...

Of course, I am totally fine with contributing this patch.
Though, I was just wondering if there is a show-stopper in integrating
it in the main code, since I provide an option to use this behavior or
not, and this is made as to not impact default behavior. (Of course,
this would add one config/environment flag check per query at execution)

Now, I do understand this is one feature you are not exactly keen with
in the first place, let alone provide support for it.
However, if I can further brush up the code to make it seaworthy for the
main repository, I am fine with pulling in the effort.

I understand a lot of Japanese users would be extremely thankful for
easy availability of this feature via their favorite distribution,
instead of manual building/packaging.
(Of course, there would remain the option of applying the contrib/ patch
at distro packaging level, like Debian and *BSD do, but this would
multiply efforts)

Cheers,