[Unbound-users] Unbound performance and firewal issues

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 16:50:06 UTC 2014

previously on this list CHABOISSEAU Samuel contributed:

> We just install a single VM for testing purposes. Both Unbound and BIND are installed as DNS resolvers (Internet by default and local authorities).

If you are planning to roll out on real hardware I wouldn't test on a
VM especially without cpu virtualisation support but if possible the
exact hardware in question or VM you intend to roll out.

Virtualbox doesn't run OpenBSD without cpu support because of how
differently it handles memory and OpenBSD's careful take on valid and
secure memory usage won't allow it. OpenBSD's project leader after
scratching his head over a bug report said he couldn't believe what
Windows and Linux would actually ignore and allow to happen in memory.

Performance tests especially are likely to be inaccurate possibly
leading to invalid conclusions.

--

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)