[Unbound-users] testing unbound (coming from bind)

Patrik Lundin patrik.lundin.swe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 19:47:39 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 07:14:23PM -0500, James Starowitz wrote:
> To clarify when I say min-neg-cache-ttl im not sure its oblivious but
> I mean
>
> We need
> min-neg-cache-ttl – minimum time to store no results for a query
> and
> max-neg-cache-ttl – max time to store no results for a query

For what it is worth I have run into the lack of a knob to control the
negative cache TTL as well. I am currently looking at replacing some
BIND based resolvers for a fairly large site and they are running with
"max-ncache-ttl" to force a lower TTL of NXDOMAIN results.

I realize this might qualify as feature creep and I have been thinking
that not having the functionality could be considered a good way to
force people to fix the SOA minimum field instead. I guess this is not
always feasible though.

Regards,
Patrik Lundin