[Unbound-users] Stuck with locally served data

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Nov 7 08:57:14 UTC 2013

Hi Levi,

> when I do an NSlookup through windows I get the properly served address
> but alas I cannot access it through the web browser.

If you are served the proper A record the issue is probably in your
webserver. I have a suggestion though. I'm guessing you are using name
based virtual hosting (having multiple websites on 1 IP address).

If you are using apache you have probably a file somewhere roughly here:
/etc/apache2/sites-available/yourwiki
Make sure it contains ServerName and optional ServerAlias.

<VirtualHost *:80>
  DocumentRoot /var/www/yourwikiinstall
  ServerName mywiki.wiki
#  ServerAlias www.mywiki.wiki
</VirtualHost>

HUP your webserver.

Regards,
Yuri Schaeffer

--
Composed on an actual keyboard: all typos genuine.