[Unbound-users] Feature request: Unbound in forwarding mode to use TCP

Olafur Gudmundsson ogud at ogud.com
Fri Mar 15 14:30:47 UTC 2013

Basically what I want is a configuration option that allows me to specify the preferred transport protocol something like:
	     forwarder: <blash> prefer TCP;
	or tcp-forwarder: <blah>
	or udp-forwarder: <blah>

The reason for this is forwarders close to the edge send bursts of queries and then go silent,  thus if the burst is sent over TCP the overhead of setting up and closing the TCP connection is amortized.

The forwarder should close the TCP connection after going silent for a short time (10seconds ?) or just leave the closing of the connection to the server.

	Olafur