[Unbound-users] Timeout and NS specification

Vladimir Levijev vladimir.levijev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 11:00:30 UTC 2013

On 17 June 2013 12:56, Vladimir Levijev <vladimir.levijev at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> I have read through
>
> http://www.unbound.net/documentation/info_timeout.html
>
> and understood that there is basically no way I could specify a
> timeout of the resolve operation? Say, I'd like to perform this query
> using UDP, 3 attempts with 5 seconds timeout (15 seconds max timeout).
>
> Another question, can I specify that I need to make a TCP request?
>
> Also I could not find a way to specify a particular nameserver when
> doing a request, is unbound always using a local resolver
> configuration (resolv.conf)? I basically need to specify an NS for
> every request, e. g. I can not just have a list in resolv.conf or
> something.
>
> I am using an async call ub_resolve_async() .
>
> Please, let me know if you know some other library that I should be using.

I have noticed that this list is active after all. :-) Good, maybe I
just asked my questions in too complicated way. I'll try to keep it
short and simple.

1). Is there a way I could specify the timeout and number of retries
with a query?
2). Is there a way I could specify TCP/UDP to use when doing a query?
3). Is there a way I could specify a target nameserver with every
query I make (without reading a file containing nameserver entries)?

Cheers,

VL