[Unbound-users] patch implementing round robin rrsets

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Mar 7 15:49:37 UTC 2012

Olaf Kolkman <olaf at NLnetLabs.nl> wrote:

> But you could reasonably ask whether those load balancing properties
> should be under the control of the authoritative or the recursive name
> server.

Indeed :-)

The problem with saying it must only be the authority's job is that in
situations like ours (which being a university is I guess not that
different from Thijs's) the user population do not use very many different
resolvers, so the authorities do not get the opportunity to serve up lots
of different RR set orderings, unless you go for ridiculously short TTLs.

Tony.
--
Fair Isle, Faeroes, South-east Iceland: Westerly or southwesterly 6 to gale 8,
occasionally severe gale 9 in Faeroes and Southeast Iceland. High or very