[Unbound-users] Use hostname or fqdn file unbound.conf

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon Jul 2 16:09:18 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:

> Even if it worked, which it oughtn't to IMO, what's the difference
> between adding an /etc/hosts entry and directly configuring Unbound to
> use the IP address? Just configure
>
>        interface: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx
>
> and you'll be right.

You could distribute a packaged unbound with pre-configuration, and
you only have to distribute /etc/hosts uniquely using something like
puppet. So I can see why it would be nice to have.

However, roughly the same can be accomplished using:

   interface: 0.0.0.0
   interface: ::0
   interface-automatic: yes

Paul