[Unbound-users] Where should --with-ldns point to on FreeBSD 8.2 systems

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Sat Jan 28 16:41:41 UTC 2012

Zitat von Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at vpnc.org>:

> On Jan 28, 2012, at 1:08 AM, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>
>> Have you tried --with-ldns=/usr/local
>
> I had not, but I have now, and it still fails the same way as wth
> /usr/local/lib. ./configure ends with:
>
> checking for ldns_key_EVP_load_gost_id... no
> checking for ldns_key_EVP_unload_gost... no
> checking for ldns/ldns.h... yes
> configure: error: ldns library is not recent, update the ldns
> library, install it into system lib dir or use --with-ldns=path to
> other location.  The --with-ldns can point to the make-dir of ldns.
> Package libldns or download source
> http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/projects/ldns
>
> Note that it seems to fine ldns.h, but is objecting at the step after it.
>
> More clues appreciated.

You might want to build unbound with ldns static linked in. For this
use the latest ldns from www.nlnetlabs.nl and do ./configure
--disable-shared & make.
Then point unbound to use it with ./configure --with-ldns=<your ldns
dir> --disable-shared
This way you don't get any dependencies on system ldns .

Regards

Andreas