[Unbound-users] unbound 1.4.16 release

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Feb 3 15:00:45 UTC 2012

Hi Mees,

Thanks for the error description, I have just found out that rename() is
not posix compliant on Windows.  It does not remove the destination file
(and thus there is a race condition).  Solved with an unlink() before
the rename, on windows.

The fix is in svn trunk.  I can send you a compile of that snapshot, if
you want?

The impact without the fix is that root.key remains the same, which is
harmless.  (Until the root key rolls over, then you must update to a
fixed unbound version).

Best regards,
   Wouter