[Unbound-users] AD bit set for NXDOMAIN but should not?

Tue Mar 1 12:45:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

So I looked at it some more.  It seems to me that the optout example
zone creates some issues in RFC5155 appendix B; it should note that the
optout NSEC3s mean the answer does not get the AD flag, (or not use
optout).  We need to follow section 9.2.

The issue is broader than you notice, it also affects the other uses of
NSEC3 as next-closer with optout set.  Those become securely-insecure(no
AD flag) too.  This means example B.1 (nxdomain) and B.4 (wildcard).

I think unbound should implement this.  And the errata (the shortest
one) is that example B.1 and B.4 have no ADflag from the validator; or
if 'the AD flag is left unspecified in the examples' as David says, no
errata is necessary.

Best regards,
   Wouter