[Unbound-users] unbound-control flush_zone problem

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Tue Feb 15 12:39:58 UTC 2011

> 1- I have a DNS zone (using BIND) with over 272 registers.
> 2- I modify a type A register for example and reload the BIND zone.
> 3- I execute the command unbound-control flush_zone domain.tld
> 4- I see the message "ok removed etc....)
> 5- If I do a query dig modified_register.domain.tld @localhost I don't
> see any changes. And doing the query to the autoritative BIND server the
> change is visible.

Are you guaranteed that unbound will query _that_ specific BIND server?
Normally, you'll have multiple authoritative servers. Judging by your
description of what you do, you haven't updated the serial number when you
reload the zone in BIND. And if you're really not doing that, the slaves
will most likely not have picked up the changes either.

Regards
Eivind Olsen