[Unbound-users] contrib/unbound_munin_ and /etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/unbound

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sun Mar 21 03:23:58 UTC 2010

I noticed that unbound-munin tries to use /usr/local/var.
It turns out that contrib/unbound_munin_ contains:

# You can set them in your munin/plugin-conf.d/plugins.conf file
# with:
# [unbound*]
# user root
# env.statefile /usr/local/var/munin/plugin-state/unbound-state
# env.unbound_conf /usr/local/etc/unbound/unbound.conf
# env.unbound_control /usr/local/sbin/unbound-control
# env.spoof_warn 1000
# env.spoof_crit 100000

[...]

state=${statefile:-/usr/local/var/munin/plugin-state/unbound-state}
conf=${unbound_conf:-/usr/local/etc/unbound/unbound.conf}
ctrl=${unbound_control:-/usr/local/sbin/unbound-control}
warn=${spoof_warn:-1000}
crit=${spoof_crit:-100000}
lock=$state.lock

The comment is misleading though. Setting these values in unbound_munin_
causes the values in /etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/unbound to actually be
ignored. I am not sure what changed, as this seems to have been the case
for unbound at least since 1.3.0, and things have worked for me in the
past. Perhaps a munin change?

I will be changing the Fedora/RHEL packages to use their on version of
this file. Ideally I think nothing here would be specified? But I have
not tested this.

Paul