[Unbound-users] unbound-1.4.2 release

Roland van Rijswijk roland.vanrijswijk at surfnet.nl
Tue Mar 9 20:11:15 UTC 2010

Hey Paul,

Paul Wouters wrote:
> These features have been enabled per default, and I would love to get
> some feedback from the unbound community on how well this works
> before enabling these options in the full fedora releases (F-13 and
> F-12. The RHEL-5 package will not enable these options per default)

We trialled this at SURFnet for a couple of days. It does improve the
number of cache hits, but it also increases the load on both the
resolver as well as the authoritatives it queries (obviously). The
increase in load was not a problem though (i.e. it was minor).

Cheers,

Roland

--
-- Roland M. van Rijswijk