[Unbound-users] issue with unbound 1.4.6rc1 maintainers prerelease ?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Jul 20 14:29:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

> Because you have DLV enabled and there is a DLV for cert.ru.

duh. I missed that because I tried:

dig -t ds gost.cert.ru @193.110.157.136

; <<>> DiG 9.6.2-P2-RedHat-9.6.2-5.P2.fc12 <<>> -t ds gost.cert.ru @193.110.157.136
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 51186
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

and did not get a DS record. I didn't realise there was no subdelegation for
gost.cert.ru.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess gost validation worked properly then :)

Paul