[Unbound-users] Unbound and multihomed Redhat server

karel.vandervelden at kpn.com karel.vandervelden at kpn.com
Wed Apr 28 09:16:11 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I'm having problems in configuring a multihomed server with Unbound. In Unbound I can specify:
interface: ip1
outgoing-interface: ip2

but the Redhat configuration has a default gateway on the outgoing interface. Now a reply on an incoming request is sent by Unbound but it finally leaves the server using the outgoing-interface. It seems the OS 'overrules' the configuration option in Unbound.

I've been looking at some solutions and it seems this can only be solved by using some ip route and iptables magic. Does anyone of you have any experience with this kind of configuration? Do you really need additional OS configuration next to the Unbound configuration to get this to work?

With kind regards,

Karel van der Velden