[Unbound-users] NOTIFY implementation to unbound

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Oct 8 14:41:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Marcus Alves Grando wrote:

> The main idea is create one way to recursive server keep all my zones
> freshly, without update all process or less as possible.

Would using a forward zone address this?

# Forward zones
# Create entries like below, to make all queries for 'example.com' and
# 'example.org' go to the given list of servers. These servers have to handle
# recursion to other nameservers. List zero or more nameservers by hostname
# or by ipaddress. Use an entry with name "." to forward all queries.
# forward-zone:
# 	name: "example.com"
# 	forward-addr: 192.0.2.68
# 	forward-addr: 192.0.2.73 at 5355  # forward to port 5355.

The description does not make it clear whether or not the responses are
always forwarded, or whether they are cached.

An alternative could be to set cache-max-ttl very low and override the
packet TTL's.

Paul