[Unbound-users] Old or incorrect information returned?

Felix Schueren felix.schueren at hosteurope.de
Fri Nov 6 13:49:37 UTC 2009

That's a classic problem - the cached NS records get refreshed when the
cached A records expire & get re-fetched from the cached (old)
nameservers, and as long as the old nameservers answer authoritatively,
they'll never get removed from your caching resolvers. The only
workaround we found for this behaviour is simply to restart the caches
every morning. This happened with djb's dnscache & BIND, with unbound we
simply assumed it was the same, which your case seems to acknowledge.

Kind regards,

Felix

--
Felix Schüren
Head of Network

Host Europe GmbH - http://www.hosteurope.de
Welserstraße 14 - 51149 Köln - Germany
Telefon: 0800 467 8387 - Fax: +49 180 5 66 3233 (*)
HRB 28495 Amtsgericht Köln - USt-IdNr.: DE187370678
Geschäftsführer:
Uwe Braun - Alex Collins - Mark Joseph - Patrick Pulvermüller

(*) 0,14 EUR/Min. aus dem dt. Festnetz, Mobilfunkpreise ggf. abweichend