[Unbound-users] dynamic cname zone / location based services

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Fri May 29 10:09:21 UTC 2009

Hi,
i am loking for the possibility to preserve the clients ip address into
further resolving (location based services etc).

My idea was to provide a way to have a dynamic cname based redirect e.g.
returning a dynamic cname containing the peers ip address.

Example:
	resource.redirect IN CNAME a.b.c.d.resource.redirected

where a.b.c.d is the clients ip address. I have created a patch
against bind 9.5 using DLZ but its quite intrusive as bind
did not pass on the peers sockaddr to the lookup functions.

This seems to be the case for unbound too local_zones_answer -> local_data_answer
do not pass on the peer as far as i can see.

Does anyone have something similar already or hints how to approach this in
unbound?

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little