[Unbound-users] BINDs views in unbound

Artis Caune artis.caune at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 11:34:22 UTC 2009

2009/3/27 W.C.A. Wijngaards <wouter at nlnetlabs.nl>:
> This is because you bound the second unbound only to 127.0.0.1 and from
> there it cannot sendmsg back to client.
> use  interface: 0.0.0.0
> or interface-automatic: yes
>
> Don't forget to pf so only internal network can reach port 54 directly,
> and give your second unbound access-control for your internal network.

I was already using interface-automatic:
    port: 54
    interface: 127.0.0.1
    interface-automatic: yes

Now I changed interface to 0.0.0.0, ::0, disabled interface-automatic,
changed redirect from 127.0.0.1 to public ip and it works, thanks.

I have another strange problem, unbound is freezing and not answering
queries. It happened two times. I can not restart it.
It just prints
    info: service stopped (unbound 1.2.1)
and I have to send KILL signal to it.
It happens often when I restart unbound. top shows it's in umtxn state:

10784     59      4  47    0   539M   479M umtxn  0   2:20  0.00% unbound

> Unbound tries to disable ipv4 to ipv6 mapping.  But this still happened.
>  It tries to send back, but the OS doesn't like it.  This should not
> happen with the default config, this is for your first unbound? What is
> its config?
> For this also, interface-automatic: yes  may solve it (it actually
> enables the mapping and uses it...).  Or some config changes.  Or
> disable ipv4toipv6-mapping-by-default with some FreeBSD sysctl; unbound
> tries to set a socket option but the kernel does not seem to honor it.

I'll check ipv6 options.

I use interface-automatic, without it unbound reply with another ip address:

;; reply from unexpected source: 91.198.156.20#53, expected 91.198.156.8#53

yes, this is my firs unbound :)

out setup is (average 1-2K qps):
interface bce0: 91.198.156.20, alias 91.198.156.8
interface bce1: only ipv6 address

unbound-1.2.1
libevent-1.4.9

unbound config is: