paul at xelerance.com
Tue Feb 17 07:20:59 CET 2009
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, krishna e bera wrote:
> > Anyone able to lookup austereo.castmetrix.net?
> > I tried using the resolvers running Unbound but keep getting NXDOMAIN.
> > resolvers running BIND however returns the following:
I got ServFail.
it first gets the CNAME:
austereo.castmetrix.net is an alias for austereo.castmetrixcdn.net.
Seems there is only 1 NS for castmetrixcdn.net, which is
ns1.castmetrixcdn.com. There is only one NS for castmetrixcdn.com,
which is ns1.castmetrixcdn.com.. So glue is needed from .com.
.com lists 2 NS records (ns1.castmetrixcdn.com. and ns2.castmetrixcdn.com,
both resolving to 188.8.131.52, which is the recursive nameserver. unbound
drops the second NS because the glue is bad, the child zone gives NXDOMAIN.
unbound does get there:
 libunbound[14359:0] info: response for <ns2.castmetrixcdn.com. A IN>
 libunbound[14359:0] info: reply from <castmetrixcdn.com.> 184.108.40.206#53
 libunbound[14359:0] info: query response was ANSWER
But if you try to get an answer from there:
dig -t ns +norecurse austereo.castmetrix.net @220.127.116.11
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;austereo.castmetrix.net. IN NS
;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
castmetrix.net. 3600 IN SOA castmetrix.net. ns1.castmetrix.com.castmetrix.net. 2008031101 86400 3600 86400 3600
It does not know the answer. I am not sure where bind picked up the
answer (mine does the same, it did find it)
More information about the Unbound-users