[Unbound-users] problems resolving akamai hosted domains with unbound?

Peter Koch pk at denic.de
Mon Jun 9 06:03:07 UTC 2008

Hi David,

> the CNAME and returning the closest set of NS records, which just
> happen to be the root hints.  This behavior is a direct consequence of
> following the authoritative server algorithm in RFC 1034.

understood. There's been some discussion about out-of-zone CNAME chasing
on namedroppers already, but here I was unclear of the target of my note:
It was the 8 of 13 NS RRs I wanted to point out as "special".  Of course,
teh recipient isn't supposed to actually use this information other
than recognizing the incomplete name resolution.

-Peter