[Unbound-users] SERVFAIL from Unbound whentrying to resolve a hostname

Thu Dec 18 09:35:36 UTC 2008

Hi Marc,

It works for me, all the time.

$ unbound-host -v www.icscards.nl
www.icscards.nl has address 164.140.155.125 (insecure)
www.icscards.nl has no IPv6 address (insecure)
Host www.icscards.nl not found: 2(SERVFAIL). (insecure)

The last line is because www.icscards.nl drops MX answers. That does not
explain what happens to you.

Can you run your unbound-host with -dddd to get debug info, capture the
output and send it to me (off-list because it gets big) ?

It seems you get different packets.

Best regards,
   Wouter