[nsd-users] glue records for NS

Michael A. Peters mpeters at domblogger.net
Fri Jan 18 15:35:32 UTC 2019

Hello,

running diagnostic test at http://www.dnssy.com/

It claims

     Glue is not provided by your nameservers. This means they did not
     provide the IP address of your nameservers, so an extra step may be
     required to resolve your domain. The following nameservers did not
     have glue:

     ns3.anetdns.com
     ns2.anetdns.com
     ns1.anetdns.com

     You should add A records for your nameservers into your domain zone
     to fix this.

This is what I have in zone file (before dnssec signing via ldns)

     $ORIGIN tease.email.
     $TTL 3600

     @               IN      SOA     ( ns1.anetdns.com.
admin.deviant.email. 2019011808 14400 3600 1209600 3600 )
                             NS      ns1.anetdns.com.
                             NS      ns2.anetdns.com.
                             NS      ns3.anetdns.com.
     ns1.anetdns.com.                        A       45.56.122.65
     ns2.anetdns.com.                        A       173.255.210.222
     ns3.anetdns.com.                        A       178.79.185.217
     ns1.anetdns.com.                        AAAA
2600:3c00::f03c:91ff:fe33:ac4b
     ns2.anetdns.com.                        AAAA
2600:3c01::f03c:91ff:fe33:ddb6
     ns3.anetdns.com.                        AAAA
2a01:7e00::f03c:91ff:fe18:8a7e

Am I doing it wrong, or is the diagnostic wrong?