[nsd-users] slave server zone files

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Mon May 15 15:29:04 UTC 2017

On 05/15/2017 06:48 AM, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:
> If you set database: "" in nsd.conf, then no nsd.db is used, and the
> contents are written to the zonefile.  This is a good setting to use.
> It uses less memory and less disk space, and the zonefile is kept up to
> date.

When I make that setting, I see messages that say it has taken effect,
but the slave server's zone file has not changed.  Is that delayed some time,
or do I have some debugging to do?

At the slave server log:

info: zone labhw.com serial 2017051503 is updated to 2017051504.

At the slave server:
$ cat labhw.com.zone
$ORIGIN labhw.com.
$INCLUDE /etc/nsd/TTL1.common