[nsd-users] NSD 4.x - slave server zone files?

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Wed Dec 20 15:59:54 UTC 2017

I have been running NSD 4.x for quite some time..  Single master with multiple secondary slave servers.

Everything has been running fine, currently on 4.1.19.

On our slave servers, it seems that zones only AXFR to memory on the slave hosts? Never do they ever write the zones to disk even though we have specified a zonefile ?  The server seems to operate ok and serves the zones out of memory, but zone files are never created on the slave server.

Is there something that needs to be set to tell the slave server that AXFR zones from the master to write the zone files to disk ?  or is there some reason why these files are not written?

No errors in the logs and have verified that paths exist and are writable by the NSD user.

--
inoc.net!rblayzor
XMPP: rblayzor.AT.inoc.net