[nsd-users] nsd and own openssl

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Mon Sep 26 12:58:05 UTC 2016

JFTR As openssl 1.1.0 has a different SOVERSION, it would not clash with
system OpenSSL (that would probably stay on 1.0.x for a while). So
uninstalling -dev headers for system openssl and installing OpenSSL
1.1.0 into /usr/local (or even using backported package to install
libopenssl-dev 1.1.0 into /usr) would just work[*].

* - Depends on the system used and the packaging crazyness it uses (100%
for Debian/Ubuntu, can't say for sure for other systems)

Cheers,
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>
Knot DNS (https://www.knot-dns.cz/) – a high-performance DNS server