[nsd-users] nsd and own openssl

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Tue Sep 20 08:45:48 UTC 2016

Hi,

currently I try to compile openssl-1.1.x as own package for my usual
platforms.
Viktor Dukhovni suggested a way this build can coexist without symbol
conflict with
the real OpenSSL in /usr

So my includes are now also in /usr/include/openssl but the libraries
are named
/usr/lib/libcrypto-opt.so.1.1 and /usr/lib/libssl-opt.so.1.1

That work for other projects like postfix or nginx.
But it fail for nsd. Configure tries to check some stuff and uses
"libssl" and "libcrypto" as fixed names.
- checking if libssl needs libdl
- checking if libcrypto needs -pthread
- checking for HMAC_Update in -lcrypto

Can I tell configure to use my libraries?

Andreas