[nsd-users] Log verbosity up to request/answer level

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Dec 12 09:33:48 UTC 2016

Hi Jacques,

> Whatever the verbosity I set ( via the conf file or thru
> nsd-control) I can get the question/anwer level logged.

A useful quote from my colleague Wouter I copied from a bug report:

"Verbosity is not the debug logging for NSD.  Verbosity level 5 is about
the max right now.  If you compile with debug enabled, then use -F 60 -L
2 to enable more logging.  -F -1 -L 2 enables even more debug logging,
but the volume of that may slow down the server."

Best regards,
Yuri