[nsd-users] NSD 4.1.4 and 4.1.5 segfault

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Wed Oct 14 10:07:08 UTC 2015

Hello NSD users,

The new "reuseport" feature introduced in NSD 4.1.4 in combination with
a large number of "interface" options in the config can trigger a bug,
and cause NSD to crash. Most people will not be affected by this, but
our configuration tickled this bug.

Thanks to Wouter for helping me debug this yesterday. This has resulted
in a fix that will appear in 4.1.6 eventually.

If you also have lots of "interface" options in your config and you run
NSD on Linux, and you haven't yet upgraded, then I suggest you wait for
4.1.6.

Regards,
Anand