[nsd-users] RHEL package?

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri May 22 13:53:19 UTC 2015

On Fri, 22 May 2015, Samuel Kling wrote:

> I had the exact same question about why we could only find old releases of NSD in EPEL. Currently :
>
> - NSD 3.2.18 in EPEL6
> - No NSD package in EPEL7

The epel7 branch has been requested, but I focused first on nsd in
EPEL6 since most people running production servers (myself included)
do so on RHEL6. I've gotten some feedback now, although I'm still
a little uneasy at not having had reports of success on nsd3 -> nsd4
updates with the package.

Note that this is sort of against the guidelines of epel (which is not
supposed to be newer than fedora). But I really wanted to focus on the
nsd major revision migration before also throwing in the systemd
changes. I'll push out the fedora update this weekend, but note that
I do not know anyone actually running nsd seriously on fedora.

I'll incorporate the changes from the feedback received over the last
few days this weekend. I would still like to get more feedback on the
nsd3 -> nsd4 upgrade with this new package for EPEL6. I've only tested
this on my own server so far.

Paul