[nsd-users] Redirect domain

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Sun Feb 15 19:55:49 UTC 2015

> On Feb 15, 2015, at 4:44 PM, Francisco Valladolid H. <ficovh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi folks.
>
> I have NSD in OpenBSD for Primary Server running in a VPS and need
> redirect my current blog hosting in github to another url
>
> blog.bsdguy.org  -> blog.bsdguy.net
>
> Github only let one domain, some DNS providers (cloudns per example),
> includes Redirect web site another.
>
> It's possible dot it task with NSD ?

Nope, you need an HTTP server for that, not a DNS server. The mentioned DNS providers bundle HTTP services in order to fulfil such an use case.
Because it would be really simple, just return an HTTP 302 response, it might be possible to do it with the default httpd that comes with OpenBSD. If it's not, than you could install nginx or Apache and configure it for such response.

Either way, it's not in the realm of a DNS daemon.

Rubens