[nsd-users] nsd-control delzone on a zone that is defined in the nsd.conf

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue May 14 08:44:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 05/14/2013 10:24 AM, Will Pressly wrote:
> Hi Wouter,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Wow. that sounds really great if I am understanding you correctly.
> so, if I change my nsd.conf with any kind of arbitrary additions
> and deletions, a simple nsd-control reconfig will intelligently
> and dynamically merge all of those changes -- effectively obviating
> the need for nsd-control [add|del]zone?

Yes, it picks up changes and applies them by reforking the server
processes.  This is limited to zone, key, pattern, access-control
lists changes.  The server config is not really changeable without a
restart (because it needs root privileges, which have been dropped).
Also RRL config ratelimits and whitelists are updated (if you use RRL).

It provides another workflow, not control add|del zone, but push
nsd.conf and reconfig.

Best regards,
   Wouter