[nsd-users] NSD v4.0 release date?

Thomas Dupas thomas at dupas.be
Sat Jun 16 07:57:36 UTC 2012

Hi Valentin,

on the nlnetlabs svn repository: http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/svn/nsd
and more specifically for the latest NSD4 tag: http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/svn/nsd/tags/NSD_4_0_0_imp_5/

My experience with NSD 4 imp 5: faster than NSD 3 (about 10-15% in my case) in master mode.
In slave mode it wouldn't load the zone (>1M records), it would loop through AXFR cycles.
Wouter is already aware of it, but we haven't exchanged the zone yet to investigate it deeper.

Since we don't need the dynamic zones for the moment on those servers we will run NSD3 until all the small NSD4 bumps get ironed out.
We will of course continue to test NSD4, and report any issue to nlnetlabs.

Br,

Thomas