[nsd-users] NSD 4 workflow for adding zones on the fly

Will Pressly will at edgecast.com
Tue Jul 3 19:48:46 UTC 2012

Hi NSD folks,

I had a quick question about NSD 4 and the correct workflow for adding a
zone to the running daemon. I understand how the addzone works with the
patterns, and that seems to be working well.

I was just wondering what needs to be done with the /var/db/nsd/zone.list
file. It seems to accumulate the zone names and related patterns of all
zones added in this manner. What is the correct process for merging that
information into the system, and being able to remove the entries in this
file?

Is it something of the old patch/rebuild flavor of NSD 3.x? Could you
please give me a pointer on how to make these change more permanent?

Thanks,