[nsd-users] [OT] Monitoring RR use/popularity

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Feb 27 10:29:23 UTC 2012

Hi Sven,

Fortunately you already acknowledge that such monitoring functionality
would not make it into the NSD production. That is of course because
we consider there are better monitoring tools, for example dnstop.
There are many more tools, it could be that they already do what you
are trying to achieve. I am not knowledgeable enough with these tools
to know the answer to that.

If you are determined to make your own tool, your final solution
proposal sounds clean to me. Almost like you are trying to create a
nsd-monitor tool:). Personally, as long as the solutions are
standalone, not integrated into the NSD daemon, I would encourage it.

Best regards,
  Matthijs