[nsd-users] nsd 3.2.7-1 statistics signalling

Mathias Wolkert tias at netnod.se
Thu Feb 9 10:00:57 UTC 2012

Hi

I have two identical servers running stock debian lenny with kernel
2.6.32-bpo.3-amd64 and nsd 3.2.7-1.

They are both hosting just one zone but the zones are different.
One is big (+10M records) and the other bigger (+35M records).

Sending the USR1 signal to dump statistics works fine with the smaller
server but nothing happens when sending it to the bigger server.

I tried running the smaller zone on the "bad" server but it still does
not respond to my SIGUSR1.

Both are configured to generate statistics every 300s but that also
fails for the bigger server, it only generate XSTATS when zone is
updated and after nsec3-prepare.

Either I'm failing to run it in debug mode or nsd is very silent, coz it
gives me nothing.

Any help is much appreciated.

/Tias