[nsd-users] [SOLVED] nsd: Could not tcp connect to a:a:a:a::1:1: Operation timed out

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Sat Dec 29 15:12:46 UTC 2012

On 26.12.2012, at 16:23, Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> - Or something else?

JFTR: It had nothing to do with my nsd setup, nor with keeping master and slave servers in FreeBSD jails, no the cause had to do with my PF firewall's outgoing rule:

Erroneous:
| pass out log on $extIF inet6 proto {tcp, udp, icmp6, gre} all modulate state

Working:
| pass out log on $extIF inet6 proto {tcp, udp, icmp6, gre} all

I'd used that rule for a very long time, but now the recent Upgrade to 9.1 broke that rule.

Thanks again and with kind regards,
Michael