[nsd-users] nsd-notify retries?

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Mon Nov 28 15:58:51 UTC 2011

28.11.2011 19:41, W.C.A. Wijngaards пишет:

> Hi Paul, Michael,
>
> In NSD3, the daemon can perform notifies (with retries) for you, all in
> parallel.  This only happens when you have notify: configured for the
> zone(s) and the serial number is updated (i.e. you nsdc rebuild&&  nsdc
> reload, or it is a slave zone and the master is updated).

Aha!  So my old (i think from nsd2 days) script -- that did rebuild,
reload and notify -- is not obsolete too, it can be reduced to just
rebuild & reload.  That's excellent to know, thank you!

(On an related note, I think I asked this question myself -- is there
a way to send a notify to _unbound_ daemon too? :)

> In NSD4, the same thing, but nsdc is obsolete, you have nsd-control
> notify, nsd-control contacts the server over SSL and the daemon sends
> notifies for one or all zones.
>
> The daemon uses 50 sockets (or so) to do the updates, so 50 zones are
> active at once, like 'make -j50 notify'.  These are constants in xfrd.h
> at this time, perhaps would need to be increased if you have 500000 zones.

Yes, 50 sockets should be plenty even for largeish sites.  Thank
you very much!

/mjt