[nsd-users] Global setting of zone ACL options

Martin Svec martin.svec at zoner.cz
Fri Apr 2 16:09:22 UTC 2010

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 03:03:55PM +0200,
>  Martin Svec <martin.svec at zoner.cz> wrote
>  a message of 56 lines which said:
>

>> I already have a sketch of the patch, but I want to ask two questions first:
>>

> A warning: I feel the need, too but, before asking for a change in nsd
> (which is supposed to be a small and lean server), I suggest to
> consider producing the nsd.conf automatically from a program, either a
> PPR script or a preprocessor like cpp or m4, thus freeing nsd from
> this task.

Stephane, we generate the config automatically, as everybody who has
more than twenty zones ;-) But the config looks ... ehm ... quite ugly.
My natural feeling is that if something must be repeated 65k+ times,
something is wrong. Or at least it deserves few minutes of thinking
about pros and cons... The solution seems quite simple and
straightforward to me, but NSD maintainers will have the final word.

Martin