[nsd-users] Basic Logging Support Via Syslog

Lew Payne lew.payne at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 17:36:43 UTC 2009

Ondrej - The reason I can't use dnscap is because, until you made
mention of it, I didn't know it existed.  I've been out of the loop of
daily technical life for many years now, and in "maintenance" mode.
That's why there are conversations like this one, where someone more
current on open source tools ends up teaching an old dog like me new
tricks (I hope the gist of the expression isn't lost in translation).

Thank you for bringing this to our collective attention.  I see dnscap
uses bpf, which should be compatible with FreeBSD.  I'll have to give
it a try.

-Lew Payne